Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Work at the Merc

I'm officially done with the JV training and am now working at the Mercantile. We spent all day today stocking and getting everything ready for our opening on Friday. It's kind of crazy all the work that goes into a simple shelf of candy bars. I will now appreciate store set-ups more. :-)
The best way I can describe the Merc to those of you who have never been to Alaska is... it's similar to the Cedar Fort Country Store (except no fuel.) Just a small convenient store that offers food, camping supplies, and liquor. So far it's totally chill and I think I will enjoy it. The atmosphere is pretty different than the WAC and should be a lot more easy going.
The weather has been cool, it's snowed/rained everyday except today. But it was still cold enough at work that I wore gloves and a beanie the whole time.
Anyway, all is going well! I'll try to keep updating my blog on what's going on. Hope all is well with all of you!
Love you and miss you all.
xoxoxo

p.s.
Happy Birthday Rett!!! My big brother just turned 29!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm sorry the weather's been yucky! It's been so nice here, 70's. But Monday is supposed to be 89! Crazy! Anyway, I'm glad things are going well! I hope you love work this summer!
Did you see the finale of Grey's? I am a ball baby is all I have to say about that!
Crew is suddenly obsessive about controlling things that are his Dad's. He freaks out on me if he sees me wearing Rett's sunglasses, laying on Rett's side of the bed, sitting in Rett's chair, or putting on what he thinks are Rett's underwear! Yeah, chewed out by my 2 year old because he thinks things are his Dad's and not mine! Silly Boy!
Sorry, most of this was totally unrelated to your blog post, but we miss you and have to keep you updated! Love ya!