Sunday, May 10, 2009

Arriver!


I have arrived at last. The trek to Alaska was long and ungodly but I've made it in one piece. The flight in Phoenix was delayed over an hour due to problems with the fuel tank, so we didn't even arrive to Anchorage until after 2:00 a.m. I was very relieved to see two familiar faces on my flight. Marley and Gentry, two brothers who worked in Parkside with me last year. So after we landed in Anchorage, I just stuck with them. When the Yukon Trails shuttle picked us up at 7:30, there were only two people on it - Julie and Matt! So the long ride from Anchorage to Denali was quite nice with only 5 people in the van and knowing all of them.
We made it to Parkside just after noon and filled out all the paper work when we checked in, then I was able to settle into my new room. Allison and I have been put in the backside of the Northern Lights dorm, which is exactly what we wanted! So I feel very lucky thus far with how things have turned out.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! And that you got a room that you wanted! I'm glad to see you blogging. It will be nice to keep in touch while you're gone. We miss you already!

Alex said...

This is good news! I expect to read many posts about your Alaskan adventures this summer.