Friday, May 8, 2009

Crazy Countdown





Last weekend I went to San Francisco to get my student visa. It was a crazy trip that involved too much driving and not enough sleep. But we made it there alive and even managed to have some fun.
First thing we did was visit the Golden Gate Bridge. We tried to walk across it but the fog was so bad it was kind of pointless. Then on Sunday we had tickets to see Wicked. It was such a fun and entertaining show. The singing and dancing was amazing! I would love to see it again sometime. We also spent some time in Chinatown, where Seth was in heaven. He bought more Samurai swords then he could ever need!
Then Monday I went to the French Embassy for my visa appointment. After being there for 4 hours I finally was approved and we headed back to Utah. It was a long trip and we didn't make it home until after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. I basically used the entire day Tuesday to catch up on my sleep then Wednesday and Thursday I packed.
Tonight the family came out to the house to celebrate Jenn's, Rett's and my b-day's and also an "early" Mothers Day party. It was great to hang out with the family one last time before I leave on my journey.

No comments: