Monday, December 7, 2009

Memorable weekend in Paris

Friday afternoon Jason and I met up with my friend Bastien and walked around Paris and visited la Tour Eiffel.

It's crazy how big it is and yes, that was the first time I've actually walked around it since being here! That evening Jason, Kalyn and I ventured out to the 19th arrondissement to see Rue Royale play in the basement of the Rigoletto Theater (a cafè/ pub). The show was scheduled to start at 8:00 but probably didn't begin until after 9:00 and then went until after midnight. It was a fun intimate experience, much like Kilby Court and made me a little homesick. Rue Royale was amazing! They are both very talented and seem so down to earth. If you haven't checked them out, give them a listen on myspace.
Saturday afternoon Jason and I decided to go to a Rugby game.

Neither of us had been to one before so it sounded like fun. We bought tickets from a scalper, which was SUPER sketchy but he sold us two tickets for 40 euro. (Where we would've had to pay 50 from the ticket booth.) We were nervous that we had just been ripped off and the tickets wouldn't work but not only did we make it through the gate but our seats were great! It was really interesting to watch and we kept trying to figure out what the rules were as one man would get tackled but pass the ball off to another member and the play would continue. It was also very enjoyable to see good looking muscular men wearing bright pink. ;-)
That evening Jason, Kalyn and I met some really friendly French guys on the metro and hung out with them. For the most part, it was a great day.
Sunday afternoon Kalyn and I met up with our CEA study abroad group and went to Chartre for the day to visit the cathedral.

Afterwards we watched a demonstration of how stained glass windows are made. The demonstration was given in French but I was able to understand some of it and it was really interesting. When that finished we grabbed dinner in a little pizza pub and caught the train back to Paris. I was exhausted but it was a fun weekend.
I'm so grateful for my friends and the fun memories we've made together!

(Jason, I love you!!!)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Cute pictures! We miss you. Especially thinking of the holidays without you. But you're having the experience of a lifetime and there will be plenty of time to hang out when you get back!