Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Barcelona: Part Two

After my flight being delayed by an hour (I love EasyJet!!!) I was finally on my way to Spain. I arrived around 3:30 and found my way to the 'Sants' metro stop where I met Stephanie. It was a fun reunion and we recapped the latest in our lives as we took the metro back to her place. After dropping off my bag and meeting up with Alex, the three of us went out to explore Barcelona. They took me to Font Magica where we watched the famous water show set to America's 90's music. For example, Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" and some good 'ole Police/Sting tunes. When that was over, we went to a fun little place and ate tapas for dinner. The fried potatoes with some sort of sauce were amazing! Afterwards, we walked down the famous street Ramblas and Alex took our picture with a man dressed like a tree. It's quite bizarre the things that people dress up as to get money.


Sunday, Stephanie and I hiked up the "I forgot the name" mountain and took pictures of the view of the city. It was truly beautiful.


Then we set out on our own little "Gaudi Barcelona Tour" visiting famous sites that Gaudi designed. We went through the Casa Batllo and I totally fell in love with the pure genius and creativity of Gaudi. His style was so incredible! I would love to build my own home using him as inspiration. Maybe one day, after I've won the lottery.


When we were exhausted from all the walking we stopped for dinner and I ate my first paella dish! It had all kind of meat and seafood and a different sauce. But I enjoyed it. (Especially with the squirt of lemon on it!) After dinner, we walked off the food by walking home. Was a really pretty night.

Monday morning we visited the Market and enjoyed some yummy Spanish pastries and some fresh fruit smoothies. Afterwards we warmed up at a small cafe with some coffee and then I headed off to the airport. The trip was short but so fun! I'm so grateful I was able to go and visit a tiny part of Spain!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay! I'm glad you FINALLY got there! It sounds like you had fun. And I bet it was SO nice to see a familiar face again. We love you! Have a very Merry Christmas!