Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Praying for Ellen Beall

Last weekend Jason got the devestating news that his sweet mother Ellen had been diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. Today she is getting a hysterectomy done and we're all praying that everything goes well!
Due to the circumstances, Jason will be ending the semester early to go home and take care of her. So Friday morning he'll leave Paris and head home to Baltimore just in time to be with his family for the holidays.
I just want to thank him for his friendship and the beautiful person that he is. My time in Paris would not have been the same without him. Over these last two months we've travelled to many places together and became obnoxiously inseperable. Our friends have teased us that we're like a married couple and others say we're obsessed with each other. Both statements are pretty accurate. ;-)
I never imagined that I would meet such a special person in Paris who would make such an impact on my life. God and Karma are good to me. I will miss sharing our inside jokes, "I slept AWFUL!" .. "X ~ WRONG ANSWER!!!" .. "I LOVE your jacket!" and all our sarcastic comments that the French just don't understand. The metro rides just won't be the same, neither will checking out boys all by myself. I'll miss the moments where we just looked at each other surprised/disgusted by the things that "ohk-war"dly happen around us.
Jason I love you and am so grateful to have met you and have you in my life. I once told you that I thought our relationship together was probably the healthiest relationship I've ever had with a guy and I still stand by it. You know me so well and I have always felt comfortable being myself with you. The day you told me, "I was thinking about if there was something I could change about Bree what would it be? I decided there isn't anything." I knew I felt the same about you! You've been the best thing about Paris and it will never be the same without you. You've become my best friend and my family. You've made me co-dependant!!! UGH!!! :-)
I hope you have a great holiday at home but don't forget to send a little luck my way every now and then.

I simply can't wait to see you in the spring where Bree+Jason=Obnoxious will be continued!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Bree, that's sweet. And we will for sure keep Jason's mom in our prayers! I'm glad you've had such a great friend over there.