Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Music

As you all know, I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to music. Since having spent my summer in Alaska and now my winter in Paris I haven't been keeping up on new music coming out and am falling behind. But I did just get Muse's new album The Resistance and I'm obsessed with it. The song Uprising is definitely one of my favorites along with I Belong to You (+ Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix) and I love how different the entire album is, which is only expected from Muse. They're pretty much amazing. Also, I was disappointed to find that they played in Paris last week and I had no idea. So now I'm attempting to find a good show while here that isn't already sold out or too expensive. Devendra Banhart is coming but alas, it's already sold out. So far the only thing I've found that I'm planning on going to is Rue Royale on Dec. 5th. From what I found, they'll be playing at a pub and it should only be five euro. I'm crossing my fingers this is true!
So if anyone knows of a good show coming up in Paris, please let me know!
Also, if there's some good music that you've been listening to and you think I'd enjoy it, let me know! I'm always happy to explore something new.
Besides Muse, I've been listening to: Coeur de Pirate, The Decemberists, Horse Feathers, Empire Of The Sun and Passion Pit

1 comment:

Jason said...

If only I'd have known! A favorite of mine (the band Agent Ribbons) played Paris about the time you arrived.

Don't worry, there are plenty of mixes awaiting you upon your return. I just made another for you last night.