Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Doctors Appointment

Went to an American doctor tonight who ignored me as I spouted off my symptoms and asked me to repeat them when she realized she wasn't listening. Then when I got done she responded by saying, "You don't look sick." ... REALLY? REALLY!?!?!
Then she went on to tell me that I wasn't coughing and people who have the swine flu cough more.. I was astonished by the stupidity of this doctor and was tempted to cough in her face! I have spent the last three days coughing and was coughing in her waiting room but because I didn't cough the ten minutes in her office she thought I was perfectly healthy. If it wasn't for my 100.4 fever I think she would've just kicked me out. But thankfully the heat radiating from my face and entire body made her re-evaluate things.. But by the end she told me that I was past the 72 hr medication of the swine so I just have to ride it out from here. The only good thing I got from that appointment was a note excusing me to miss the entire week of class. Not sure how that will go over but at this point I don't really care. She also told me that I need to stay in my room until at least Friday. I'm hoping that I'll start feeling better so I can at least spend the time doing some needed homework.
Anyway, that's the update of the evening!
bisous!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That sounds terrible and awful! I'm so sorry! Not the kind of sick you want to be when you are traveling the world!!! Anyway, I suck at getting on skype when you'll be around. My days are crazy. Rett's only been gone since Saturday and Crew's already crying that he wants his Dad...or grandma or grandpa or anyone but me!! We'll try to be online tomorrow to catch you!