Friday, June 5, 2009

Hiking to the Healy Overlook



Wednesday I got off work at 3:30 and decided I would take a nap and skip out on yoga because I was just too tired. After I woke up and grabbed some dinner my friend Julie invited me to hike Healy with her. Since I didn't have anything else going on, I jumped at the opportunity. I've been wanting to hike Healy since I've been here and still hadn't gotten around to it. It was probably the hardest hike I did last summer so I guess I've been procrastinating it this year. So we grabbed our cameras and set up the trail. As I mentioned in my last post - hiking with boys and girls is completely different. This hike is a strenuous hike and I think we worked even harder trying to talk the entire time. :-)
It was a really fun hike and was so rewarding when we made it to the top of the overlook. Some day I would really love to continue on the trail and hike all the way to Healy and just hitchhike back but we'll see! Anyway, thanks to Julie for inviting me! It was the perfect weather and such a great time!


On the way back down we were so busy talking we nearly walked into two moose. They just looked at us and we slowly backed up and then just sat in the grass waiting for them to leave to we could continue down. It was really fun and they eventually headed off the trail so we could head home. My hips and butt were sore yesterday from the great work out. I need to do it more often!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That's so cool! It looks beautiful! I am glad you are getting to do something other than work!

Alex said...

I love the moose so much. That hike looks amazingly pretty. Summer's practically over! You'll be off in France before you know it.