Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moose Chase!

So lately I've decided to stop taking the shuttle to work completely and walk every day now. This morning when I woke up and it was still raining I was less than enthusiastic about the walk, but I grabbed my umbrella and set off for work at 6:25 a.m. I put in my skullcandy earphones (love them) and listened to my shuffle as I enjoyed the scenery around me. Then just as I was nearing work, I saw a moose crossing the Park Road ahead of me. It was far enough ahead that I didn't worry about it and continued walking on the trail. Just seconds later the moose came running back, recrossing the street with a grizzly bear at its heels! I quickly yanked my earphones out in astonishment, as if my sight had been impaired by sound. I mumbled some choice words to myself, in shock by what I'd seen. It's crazy living in the wild like this! And I have to say that I'm grateful that I didn't leave for work a minute earlier because I would have been on the path where the bear came from. That would have been really scary!!!

3 comments:

Alex said...

I think you have a moose protector. He's like a moose secret service agent, taking the bullet (grizzly bear) for you.

Chotz said...

crazy.. be careful! but an awesome story.

Jenn said...

That's Crazy! Very scary! But way fun story to share!