Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My final portfolio has been turned in!

Today at 1:00 I turned in my Creative Writing final portfolio! I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the class because it was probably my favorite one this semester. But it is nice to not have to worry about writing and just focus on my last two finals. When I went to my professors office to hand everything in, she paid me a great compliment by saying that I really have a talent and hopes that I stick with it. After going through this semester questioning whether the English major is right for me, her words were very encouraging. At least now I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. :-)
Monday morning will be my British Literature final which is over Modern and Post-Modern writers such as James Joyce, T.S. Eliot, Virgina Woolf, and Doris Lessing. I think as long as I can use my weekend to study for it, I'll do fine. I've really enjoyed that class as well. My professor has brought up some interesting discussions and I feel that I've really learned a lot. I enjoy the open discussions in these classes because it brings about opportunities to learn from each other. I love hearing other peoples opinions on things, as long as they're not trying to force them on me! haha...
Then finally on Wednesday I'll have my French final and be done! This class has been quite a challenge for me, seeing how it's the first foreign language I've tried to learn. I've become more aware that our English education system is truly lacking. When the professor is using terms like "reflexive verbs" and you have no idea what that even means in English, there's something wrong! We tend to learn English by speaking it instead of studying it. Therefore, we don't understand the core principles to it and it's really sad!
Anyway, this is the latest update on what I'm up to. I hope that everything is great with all of you!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Glad to see you loved your creative writing class! We'll have to swap poems or stories or whatever you worked on in there.