Friday, April 17, 2009

Explosion of Flavor

For those of you wondering how the Raw Food Diet has been going, well it's so-so.
I haven't kept with it as much as I would have liked, but I'm trying to average two raw meals a day.
This morning for breakfast I had yet another delicious Green Smoothie. I've become more brave with the spinach and am adding a lot more these days. I really don't taste it over the flavor of the banana and mango.
For lunch I just fixed a giant green salad. Who knew something so simple could taste soooo good?!
It was just lettuce, spinach, half of a tomato, 1/2 cucumber, radishes, kelp noodles, raw sunflower seeds and then I drizzled raw honey with a little olive oil over the top and added a little bit of raw coconut butter for a kick of flavor. It was seriously delicious! If you've never tried a salad with honey, I suggest giving it a try. It beats all those bad-for-you dressings that defeat the purpose of eating a salad in the first place. If you have something else you enjoy, I'm open to suggestions! :-)
(This one is for you Alex.)

1 comment:

Alex said...

Om nom nom delicious. That looks fantastic! I forgot how much I love radishes.
The honey thing is definitely going to be tried come my next salad.