Sunday, March 22, 2009

Raw Food Detox



After researching the pro's of a Raw Food Diet I've decided I want like to give it a try! I stumbled across the website: www.therawdivas.com and joined their Free 7 Day Detox Adventure. I'm getting really excited to do this, and I know my body will thank me for it! The nicest thing is that they give you a 5 day preparation before actually diving into the detox. This way I can mentally prepare myself for the decisions I'll be making, ensuring success. To ease myself into this, I'm trying to eat as raw as possible before it all begins. I've thought about binging and eating all those things that I won't be able to, but then it defeats the purpose of cleansing my body and getting all the toxins out. I've been discussing my questions and worries with my good friend Allison, and she's been so great in keeping me motivated! Essentially I would like to eat 100% raw for the week of detox and after that I hope to stay at around 80% raw. Yesterday was my first day of eating 100%! I'm so proud of myself, and it wasn't easy. Especially last night after eating my dinner salad and snacking on an apple watching TJ eat chocolate chip cookie dough. It looked so good! :-)
But like I said, I know that by sticking with it, my body will love me. I'm looking forward to having more energy and just feeling healthy! I'm even enjoying the "Green Smoothie", which looks unappetizing at first but is delicious! I made one yesterday and took a picture of it so you could see. It has a banana, orange, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, and a handful of spinach. It really is so refreshing! I made TJ try a sip and he was gagging just looking at it, he was acting like he was on Fear Factor. But after tasting it he agreed that it wasn't so bad. I'm really looking forward to making this lifestyle change and will keep you posted on how it's going!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

It looks good. I'm sure it will do your body good. One of my neighbors makes her kids do green smoothies every day. Sometimes I've been there and they plug their nose and gag it down, but other times they drink it ok. It's funny because when she was watching Crew once a week for me, she gave them to him too. I'm sure we could all use a cleanse. It's just really hard! Good for you for doing it! Let me know how it turns out.

Jason said...

I've heard both good and bad things about this diet from various people who have tried it. I hope it ends up working out. You'll have to let me know how it does.