Friday, September 17, 2010

A quick getaway..

Today the weather was beautiful so I took a break from life and caught the train to Saint Germain en-laye for an afternoon getaway. I walked to the chateau and laid in the garden behind the castle and enjoyed some alone time.

I wrote the following in my journal:

Journal Entry: 17 septembre 2010
As I lay on the grass, I feel the sunshine warm my body and the breeze blows gently through the leaves. It's singing along with the church bell as it announces 12 o'clock. The soft murmur of people passing by is heard but not understood. I came here to escape, with the excuse of studying French. Yet, as I glance through my workbook I want nothing more but to use it as a pillow and enjoy the moment. The quiet, calm moment. There are no children screaming, no fights to break-up, just a serene feeling laying under the clouds above. It's been a rough week. My patience has been tested time and time again. I've been living for the weekend, knowing somehow I'd survive. Just eight more hours until my night is finally mine.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm sorry but I have to laugh. Life as a mom or nanny seem to have a lot of similarities! Love it that I'm not the only one fighting with kids all day and trying to get them to eat something. It's the life I tell you! Can't wait because sweet little Seth is babysitting so Rett and I can go out on a date tonight! Wahoooo!