Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finally getting used to things..

It took nearly a week to get over the jetlag and the first few days were a bit rough but all is well now. My family is fantastic and I don't think I could've asked to be with a better family. The kids are a lot of fun and full of energy, which I wish they could share with me! My mornings start with walking one of the girls to school at 8:10 (all the kids go to different schools) then I'm free until 16h when I go pick her up from school. (Except for Wednesdays, when the French schools are closed and I have the girls all day.) In the evenings I help with English homework, baths and playing games. They all speak English very well, except for little Valerian who's about to turn 2. The only English he speaks is "car" and "train" but he's a cutie. Then the weekends are free, except for the occasional babysitting. So far things are going really well and I'm looking forward to starting classes next month so I can be improving on my French. I've forgotten so much and need to try watching tv or listening to the radio because my listening skills are awful.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Cute welcome sign! How sweet of them! We miss you already! But we're glad you're getting used to things!