Sunday, October 4, 2009

I survived the first week of school somehow.

On Tuesday I started classes at the Institut Catholique. I am in beginner 2 and have class Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9-1 and Thursdays 9-1 plus an oral class from 2-5. The classes are all in French and they won't allow you to speak English, which is understandable because it's the best way to learn. However, concentrating for 4 hours and trying to understand my professor is quite exhausting! By the time class is over my head hurts and I just want to sleep. I feel completely lost in my class and am worried of falling behind, but I know I'm not the only one that feels that way -so that helps. I'm hoping that my roommate Sarah, and I can study together and work on speaking and pronouncing.
It's been a hard week but I hope it will just get better from here!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Bree, You're a smart girl! You'll get through it and learn a ton in the meantime! Good luck with classes this week! Love ya, Jenn