Friday, March 26, 2010

Roadtrip of 2010

After many a sleepless night of pondering what to do about Alaska, I've decided it's time to drive there. Thankfully I have two amazing friends who support the idea and are willing to split costs with me. Thus the planning stages begin!
The tentative itinerary:
Day 1:
Home Sweet Home to Portland (13 hrs)
Day 2:
Portland
Day 3:
Portland to Seattle (3 hrs)
Day 4:
Seattle to Prince George, Canada (11 hrs)
Day 5:
Prince George to Fort St John (5 1/2 hrs)
Day 6:
Fort St John to Watson Lake (10 1/2 hrs)
Day 7:
Watson Lake to Whitehorse (5 hrs)
With a pitstop at the Liard River Hotsprings Provincial Park. (2nd largest hotspring in Canada)
Day 8:
Whitehorse to Tok, Alaska (8 hrs)
Day 9:
Tok to Girdwood (8 1/2 hrs)
Day 10 or 11:
Girdwood to Denali (6 1/2 hrs)

My start date is set for May 10th and my friends and I are hoping to find a cabin this year and live off campus. So I'd like to get to Denali by the 8th or 9th and get settled in. So we'll see but I'm getting excited!

No comments: